
I truly think there is nothing that he cannot do. He tests and challenges me everyday - yes this does sometimes drive me crazy-but it also challenges me and makes me a better person. He portrays himself as a no nonsense, tough guy, but he is truly the sweetest most compassionate person I have ever met. Seriously, I wish I were as good-hearted as he is toward every person he meets. He is strong and disciplined and keeps his morals in line where I would be weak.
Some small examples:
We went to Charleston this weekend to see his adorable niece again (it's amazing how much babies grow in just one week!).
When we got there her house was overflowing with family. However, Noah (Michael's brother-in-law and the baby's father) was called out of town for work this past Tuesday. Leaving his 2 day old daughter and wife at home! I felt so bad for him - can you imagine how sad he was to leave his new family! Moving on.... Needless to say that with all the baby commotion and Noah not being there, their lawn was un-kept and out-of-control. So Michael volunteers himself (and recruits his brother and father) to spend the day cutting their grass. Now mind you we were only there for a few hours, he was already exhausted from the drive and working all week, and was certainly not prepared or dressed to do yard work at his sister's house. But he knew it would be a great help and that Noah would much rather come home from his trip to no other chores than to oohhh and ahhh over his new baby.... I thought it was so sweet and thoughtful! :0)Another example:
While in Charleston we left Harley out in Michael's backyard. Of course this was not a wise decision.
You see last week we planted this beautiful garden with vegetables and herbs and even put in a pretty fancy irrigation system. I was so proud of it! Even showed it off to people who came over to visit.
Well ... While Harley was alone all day while we were in Charleston, he took it upon himself to pull out most of the plants, throw most of the dirt all over the patio leaving huge holes, and even tear the irrigation system out of the ground. I WAS PISSED...... Ohhhhhh I hated that dog on Saturday night....
Like I said earlier, I honestly do not think there is anything Michael cannot do - and do well... He is an amazing cook, excellent and continuously rising through the ranks in his finance job, and he can fix/build any and everything. He even had his contractors license once.
In order to make all things right with the world Michael spent all day Sunday fixing all of Harley's (well maybe not all, but most) disasters outside. First he replaced the porch screen doors. Harley had created his own doggie door by busting through the screen. (Please keep in mind that Harley had a actual doggie door right next to the screen door but just chose not to use it.)
Then he built this elaborate gate to put in front of my/our garden to keep the dogs out. I mean it is awesome! You can remove it when you want to work in the garden or when company is over and put it right back in place afterwards. There is no way those mangy mutts can get into the garden now. I know it may not seem like much, but I was so proud and impressed with him. Its just the little things ya know...
These are just the examples from this weekend... He really does surprise/impress me almost everyday. He is such a leader, visionary, builder, provider, etc. etc. I feel so lucky right now...
(Now like I said we did spend a good portion of the weekend fighting so he's not perfect - but close! ;0 More to come on the fighting issues later.....hahahhaha)
No comments:
Post a Comment