Monday, October 5, 2009

The One with a Lot of Catching Up To Do!!!

So I have gotten really slack on my blog postings - but I do have a lot to report back!! So since I have posted on here I have moved, Michael became a godfather, hosted an engagement party, participated in a mud run, etc.
Where to start hmmm....
Well I finally moved into the apartment complex I have been trying to move to for years!! It requires a paycheck- and now that I am a working woman I qualify!! hahahaha I live alone, which I love. I can do what I want, when I want, looking however I want to look! hahaha I think I am one of those really strange people that really loves living alone... Although I must say I am just as weird with Michael as I am when I am alone - not really sure if that's a good thing or not! hahaha


Then on September 12th we went to Charleston for Michael's neice's baptism -during which he became her godfather. He was so happy and so proud! Then we all hung out at Rachael's house (Michael's sister and the mother of his neice) for the Carolina game. Below is Alaina in her Carolina gear that Michael and I gave her... So cute!!

Go Gamecocks!!!

Then on September 19th my family decided it would be a great idea if we all did the US Marine Corp Mud Run together.... Whew.....It was fun but it certainly was a one of a kind experience. I was worried about being able to do it all!!! Michael, Dad, Matthew, and Matthew's friend Chris we a team - "The Carolina Renagades." Then Me, Patty, Michelle, and Frances were "Lady Mudonher" (say it like Madonna - apparently Lady Madonnna is an old Beatles song?????). And then Russ, Patrick, Mark, and Mark's friend Dennis were the "Rat Pack."

It was tough, butt-kicking fun!!! And for a team of all first-timers we did pretty good!! We finished 103 out of 215 of all women teams. Hey it's at least the top half! :0) I don't think I have ever been this dirty in my life!!! hahaha Believe or not that is me in that picture wiping the mud out of my eyes and that's Frances in the forefront of the picture!!

Finally - at least for this post.... My parents and and I hosted an engagement party for Nicole (my friend from high school) and Liam. Michael and I made the trip up to old HKY for the shindig... It was great to see a lot of people I hadn't seen in a really long time (and of course those I see quite often!) They are getting married next October!!


My mom, Nicole, Me, Nicole's Mom, and Nicole's Grandmother

No comments:

Post a Comment